Ms. Joy N. Francis was appointed to the position of Chief Executive Officer of the National Bank of the Virgin Islands Limited(NBVI) in April 2013. Ms. Francis is responsible for the leadership and execution of organizational strategy, with the ultimate goal of making NBVI the leading commercial banking institution in the Virgin Islands.
She has ten (10) years of experience in the banking industry and held the post of Vice President and Manager of the Commercial Loans Division for a leading financial institution prior to her tenure at the Bank. In earlier years, Ms. Francis served as a Finance Lecturer and Researcher (Financial Services Institute) at the H. Lavity Stoutt Community College, specializing in Principles of Finance, Investments and Securities Markets.
- Foundation Certificate in International Trust Management (STEP), 2005
- Masters of Business Administration (Finance) from the University of Central Florida, 2001
- Bachelor of Science (Finance) from the University of Central Florida, 1999
Stephanie George joined the National Bank of the Virgin Islands as the Chief Financial Officer in August 2012, and brings with her over eight (8) years’ experience in the Financial Services Industry. In her role she is responsible for the daily management of the Bank’s financial activities and serves as an ex-officio member on the Board of Directors.
Prior to joining the Bank she was employed as an Audit and Enterprise Risk Services (AERS) Manager at the Big Four Accounting firm Deloitte BVI. As an AERS Manager she was responsible for the effective management of her clients’ audit engagements and was instrumental in the introduction of a new compliance division, which offered compliance and risk related services to local companies.
- Advanced Certificate in Compliance and Financial Crime (ICA), 2012
- Certified Public Accountant (CPA), State of Georgia, 2008
- Master’s Degree in Business Management (Accounting), 2003
Mr. Etienne Charles joined the National Bank of the Virgin Islands Limited as the Chief Information Officer (CIO) in February 2018 and brings with him over 25 years of technology experience in the Financial Services Industry. As CIO, Mr. Charles is responsible for the leadership and implementation of the Bank’s Information & Communication Technologies strategy with a view to realizing the Bank’s vision.
Prior to joining the bank, he served as the Executive Manager of Information & Communication Technologies of a major financial institution. In that capacity, he was responsible for the strategic direction and oversight of technological advancements of a Group of Companies. He provided guidance in services relative to Banking, Insurance and Trusts. Etienne brings invaluable experience spanning a wide range of technology disciplines including software programming, networking, server administration and technology risk management.
- Master of Business Administration (Honors), University of the West Indies, 2001
- Diploma – Management Studies, University of the West Indies,1998
- Bachelor of Science – Computer Science and Physics (Honors), University of the West Indies,1990