Ms. Joy N. Francis was appointed to the position of Chief Executive Officer of the National Bank of the Virgin Islands Limited(NBVI) in April 2013. Ms. Francis is responsible for the leadership and execution of organizational strategy, with the ultimate goal of making NBVI the leading commercial banking institution in the Virgin Islands.
She has ten (10) years of experience in the banking industry and held the post of Vice President and Manager of the Commercial Loans Division for a leading financial institution prior to her tenure at the Bank. In earlier years, Ms. Francis served as a Finance Lecturer and Researcher (Financial Services Institute) at the H. Lavity Stoutt Community College, specializing in Principles of Finance, Investments and Securities Markets.
- Foundation Certificate in International Trust Management (STEP), 2005
- Masters of Business Administration (Finance) from the University of Central Florida, 2001
- Bachelor of Science (Finance) from the University of Central Florida, 1999
Marion Jefferson-Blyden was appointed Chief Operating Officer of The National Bank of the Virgin Islands in November 2012.
Marion has over 16 years work experience in the financial services industry, mainly in the banking sector where she has held various senior positions, spanning Retail Banking, Operations, Small Business, International Banking, and Wealth Management. Prior to appointment at NBVI, she served as the Head of Retail, Small Business and Operations for a leading financial institution prior to her tenure at the Bank, with responsibility for the leadership, development, performance and daily management of the Retail, Small Business and Operations Departments.
- Certificates in Financial Counseling and Personal Lending from the Institute of Canadian Bankers, 2009
- MBA (Finance) from the Wight State University, 2005
- BBA, Summa Cum Laude (Finance) from the City University of New York (Baruch), 2002
Stephanie George joined the National Bank of the Virgin Islands as the Chief Financial Officer in August 2012, and brings with her over eight (8) years’ experience in the Financial Services Industry. In her role she is responsible for the daily management of the Bank’s financial activities and serves as an ex-officio member on the Board of Directors.
Prior to joining the Bank she was employed as an Audit and Enterprise Risk Services (AERS) Manager at the Big Four Accounting firm Deloitte BVI. As an AERS Manager she was responsible for the effective management of her clients’ audit engagements and was instrumental in the introduction of a new compliance division, which offered compliance and risk related services to local companies.
- Advanced Certificate in Compliance and Financial Crime (ICA), 2012
- Certified Public Accountant (CPA), State of Georgia, 2008
- Master’s Degree in Business Management (Accounting), 2003
Ms. Priscilla Charles was appointed to the position of Chief Credit Officer of the National Bank of the Virgin Islands Limited in February 2015. Ms. Charles is responsible for the implementation of the Bank’s credit risk strategy, including the oversight, growth and improvement in quality of the Bank’s loan portfolio, by directing personnel with respect to sound credit analysis and review.
She has over 27 years of experience in banking and finance, having served as the Business Development Manager of a major financial institution prior to her appointment with the Bank. In that capacity, she was integrally involved in the Capital Market Services, having structured and arranged several major deals for Regional Governments. She was also employed as Senior Manager of Credit at another financial institution, where she successfully spearheaded restructure efforts in that division.
- Master of Business Administration (Marketing) from the University of Leicester, 2007
- Diploma – Management Studies (Financial Services) from the University of Manchester & Institute of Financial Services, 2003
- Banking Certificate, Chartered Institute of Bankers, 1994
Richard Lake joined the National Bank of the Virgin Islands as the Chief Compliance & Risk Officer on April 2, 2012, and brings with him over 20 years of banking experience. In his role, Richard oversees the compliance function of the bank, which ensures that all business is conducted in accordance with the rules, regulations, and laws of the British Virgin Islands. He is responsible for maintaining an effective Operational/Business Risk Management framework to prevent illegal, unethical, or improper conduct within the Bank.
Richard brings to the bank, invaluable expertise in operations, credit, compliance, and risk management from varied banking perspectives in retail, commercial and offshore banking. Prior to joining the bank he spent 8 years managing the banking operations of a successful international financial services company with assets under custody in excess of $4bn. He is an active member of the International Compliance Association (ICA), UK, and the Certified Anti-Money Laundering Specialists Association (CAMS).
- ICA International Diploma in Compliance, from the University of Manchester – UK, 2015
- Post-graduate Certificate for EMBA Studies from the University of Toronto Rotman School of Management & University College of the Cayman Islands, 2008
- FCI – Fellow- Credit Institute of Canada, 1995
- Bachelor of Arts – Business Administration (Honours)/ Associate of Arts – Accounting from the University of the Virgin Islands, 1990